We are at the beginning of Milan fashion week for next autumn winter 2016/17. But officially our spring summer 2016 has yet to begin. As you know I like the blog to keep constant talking about the current or upcoming season. I try to avoid confusion by suddenly going from a present trend to a too future one. Spring is coming and after seeing the proposals of our favorite brands on the right and left, the time has come to draw up my usual selection of the 10 Tops & Flops.
10 Top & Flop from fashion show spring summer 2016
As always, I would like to clarify that I speak for my personal opinion, focusing on the objective usability of the collection. I certainly don’t question the professionalism, originality and talent of any stylist. We talk about high fashion and they are all brands that we would like to have in our wardrobes. But every now and then they exaggerate. It must be pointed out.
1. Ralph Lauren. I know how much I love him. But, let’s be objective, this collection is perfect. There is no look that I would not wear.
2. Michael Kors. How could you fail outfits with ton sur ton floral midi skirts, white shirt and sandals? I would spend all spring summer 2016 dressed like this.
3. Blumarine. Every dress is always a dream. Light, feminine and chic as the custom of a perfect brand for an incurable romantic.
4. Mila Shon. Impeccable every sartorial cut. Her outfits make every woman perfect on any occasion.
5. Ermanno Scervino. A colossus of elegance and good taste certainly could not disappoint. Classy look with basic garments made unique by the new shades and fabrics.
6. Moschino. Nobody like him ever. In his being always out of line and, why not, extravagant, he still manages to bring out something that I would wear quietly. Yes, even with a road sign on his head.
7. Fendi. In love with the particularity of the sleeves in various models. An interesting collection and I would wear several items so it is enough for me to say yes.
8. Dolce & Gabbana. With their patriotism they definitely bought me. The collection is beautiful, colorful, sunny and full of values. Promoted with flying colors.
9. Giorgio Armani. Timeless, classy and always chic suits made original by the processing of some fabrics. Dear Armani, you hit the mark.
10. Trussardi. A somewhat bohemian collection if we want to like it or not like it. For me, yes, he convinced me and his soft suits, some with overlapping games, I found them fabulous.
1. Louis Vuitton. Total flop. A disappointment that persists from two collections. The worst ever of this season. I wonder what Nicolas Ghesquière has injected into the mood because of hallucinations he has produced to go go.
2. Iceberg. Even H&M has been able to make better petticoat dresses. And I said it all.
3. Marni. Explain to me such a dress what it should represent me. Especially where I could wear it.
4. MSGM. That’s where my dog-eaten carpet had gone! And what the heck, tell me! It was his Linus cover. :(
5. Prada. I can’t do it, the exaggerated and especially forced “mixtures” I don’t want to like. Except for a few bunnies seen popping up here and there. Maybe.
6. Vivetta. The two swan heads will also form a heart but only the death of the swan comes to mind. Lady Gaga thanks. Don’t worry, someone will like it.
7. Missoni. That’s enough. I can’t take more than lines, lines and geometries. We understand that it is your style but something new beyond that fantasy and complete with non-existent forms do you have? Models also age.
8. Chanel. I know, it’s Chanel. But, always objectively speaking, although the parade was original and spectacular some suits, slippers … In short, immutable. This suit also clumsy the model think it about us common mortal. With a tight heart in a vice bud one of my favorite songs. Don’t crucify me.
9. Alberta Ferretti. Processing and fabrics of the clothes are always unequaled. Overall, however, a boring, gloomy, sad collection with few colors. Let’s talk about spring summer 2016 did we forget it? A little phosphorus and everything passes.
10. Gucci. Several insults will start but yes, I am still Gucci this time. Don’t get me wrong, I recognize haute couture and impeccable fabrics. But if half the collection makes me think “but imagine if I would wear it!” For me it is not. In some moments I thought it was Prada. It is becoming too much, all too mixed.
This is my ironic opinion in wanting to talk about fashion that can be put seriously. And you? Which collection did you love the most and which least of the spring summer 2016 fashion shows?