Link building for a blog and consequently for a blogger is very important. It allows you not only to make yourself known online, with the possibility of obtaining new visits, but also to help index your web space on search engines. Like Google for example. But let’s get into the specifics and try to understand how to make the perfect link building.
What is link building
Link building, as Wikipedia specifies, is simply an SEO technique that increases the number of inbound links to a website. In practice it serves to increase the popularity of the site or blog in question. Obviously not all links are good, and not all are favorable for bringing these advantages. You have to be very careful and understand which are the quality ones rather than the ones that report poor websites. Speaking of blogs, the easiest and fastest way is to comment and be commented on. It would seem quite easy, if not for many who underestimate the power of a simple comment.
Why comment on other blogs
When we leave a comment, in addition to doing healthy link building, we declare that we have an online presence. Very often linked to our website or more likely to our blog. Furthermore, the more appropriate and relevant our comment will be for the commented article, the more other readers and commentators could be brought to visit our web space. Since in recent years I have noticed how scarce of good link building at the level of comments I thought of summarizing the basic rules in 5 points to ensure that our comments no longer make the reader run away. Or in some cases even lose readers.
5 rules for a perfect link building commenting on other blogs
- Let’s make sure that our comment is pertinent to the post and not just a way to get publicity with the help of link building.
- Courtesy, education and respect always. Even when we don’t agree. A criticism is always welcome as long as it is made with knowledge of the facts and without free offenses. Two words of compliments at random and then immediately something like “go read my new post …” also no. Everyone knows that we are there to collect visits, it is not necessary to underline it.
- Do not reiterate too many concepts already included in the post. The comment must add value to the post, through opinions, advice or personal findings to compare, get to know each other and make the most of the link building effect.
- Always insert the link of our Home Page or of the last article at the bottom of the comment. Just that. Adding social media also ends up in spam only. Who is intrigued comes on the site, then if anything, from there also adds us on social networks.
- Returning a comment only when it arrives is counterproductive. In the long run we will be unpleasant and with an immeasurable ego of those who never get off the pedestal. Ergo, we lose readers. Going to a blog first is not a crime.
I hope this post will be useful to anyone who is starting out by creating a blog from scratch.
And yes, that maybe can also make some people understand how three words are always the same and extremely useless as “Nice post!” or “I agree!” or even worse, where we talk about bags “What beautiful shoes!” bring nothing but the loss of probable new readers. And whoever returns for education pays for the same coin by not reading our article. In fact, it remains a waste of time and does not help to enhance our work.
Personally, there are more blogs that I stopped visiting after the lack of respect in commenting on me without reading two lines and that only pass when you pass what else. Then, of course, everyone is free to do and think what they like but good personal marketing through link building is also done in this way.