What is happiness? In the dictionary it is a singular, feminine word used to represent a positive mood caused by having satisfied all our desires. Maybe, but for each of us it has different connotations and characteristics. There are those who find it by achieving specific goals, those who reach a coveted goal, those who crave it at work, those in the family, for those who are something purely linked to a momentary whim and also those who try it by hurting others. And then there are those who simply find it in the small good things of life and in everyday gestures.
The good things of life: 30 days to give us small moments of happiness
Let’s take a month. 30 and 1 days to pamper our happiness, ourselves and our serenity. Small gestures towards others and towards our person capable of making us feel better. More and more often we don’t do it anymore, more and more we deny ourselves a caress or don’t give it away. Well, for the next month, every day, we will aim to accomplish one of these 30 and 1 points. Once you understand how little it takes, creating a list of the best things in life from month to month will come spontaneously and we will also enjoy trying to put them into practice.
A month of happy days
- Turn off the alarm and let yourself be woken by the first rays of the sun coming in through the window.
- Take a candlelit bath while listening to your favorite music.
- Use the most beautiful service, the one for important occasions. Every day is important.
- Turn off your smartphone for at least four hours and dedicate yourself to yourself.
- Drink flavored coffee or a particular herbal tea in a porcelain cup. The most beautiful you have.
- Give yourself a gift.
- Embrace your loved ones.
- Say thank you.
- Sing out your playlist of life.
- Help an elder, a child, an animal.
- Visit an exhibition, go to the theater or watch a documentary.
- Watch a movie with friends.
- Dance barefoot in a meadow, on the beach, at home, wherever you want, but dance.
- Apologize. Not everyone knows it but it is one of the main beautiful things in life that make you feel good.
- Study more on that topic that interests you.
- Go out with your friends.
- Finish that forgotten book on the bedside table.
- Go on a swing.
- Stroll aimlessly.
- Collect fresh flowers and place them in a vase.
- Give someone a present for no reason.
- Read a poem.
- Mute social media for a whole day.
- Don’t believe in gossip. 9 out of 10 times they are fake, magnified and do not reflect reality.
- Play with a child. Children can only give good things in life.
- Give it a second chance. It may surprise you.
- Do the thing you’ve been postponing for too long.
- Listen to the sounds of nature, rain, wind.
- Look out the window and let your thoughts run free.
TAKE A SMILE
Finally, the most important of the beautiful things in life, the one that must come from the heart and characterize all our days. Always smiling, however, giving them to others and never allowing anyone to turn them off. Each of us is fighting a war, each of us deserves to be happy.
And you? What do you do to give yourself happiness?